Irrelevant Comments are simply NOISE.
Irrelevant comments are usually posted by people or software to create a back-link to a web site to increase page rank for that site. Many times the comments have little or no relevancy to the page or site they are posted to. They are usually just generic dribble that could pertain to just about any topic. Below are some examples of some of these types of irrelevant comments.
The comments listed here are actual comments left expecting that they will be published and the result would be that coveted one-way back-link to the submitters web site. These comments do not expand the topic of the post nor engage the reader. In most cases, I believe, they are machine (script) generated because I get many of these exact same comment text from many different submitters over and over.
Here’s a partial list: (Actual comment posts I got for this site.)
- Appreciate your time and efforts in presenting these details. Thanks a ton….
- eating raw eggs…
- Love this site and I will return.
- I enjoy that you put excellent content out that is clear and well-written.
- Well done on the post, keep up the good work!
- I like your fantastic web site. Just what I was searching for! Best regards,
- Good work. Your article is great, I really enjoyed reading it. Just wait for some more great articles from you in the future.
- Excellent writing! Thank you for this wonderful source of information.
- Book-marked, I love your site!
- I like the journalism relevancy of your site and it does a beautiful decent work of presenting the info.
- It’s really a great and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing.
- Hey, I really enjoy reading your site, I’ve made it my home page
As you can see, all of these comments are not specific to a particular post can be about any topic .
They simply do not add a thing to the content and are nothing but noise.
Because of this, I will delete any comments of this type without further consideration.